Soul, mind, and body personified into writing. These are my Daily Journals where i hold nothing back. I keep true to myself, and keep true to my words in this sacred place where it is solely possible. Against a world that i live in, this is my one solace... my one chance at freedom...

My Photo
Name:Jon
Location:Glendale, California, United States

 

 

Age:
21
Birthday:
March 6 (Pisces) }{
School:
California State University of Long Beach
Marital Status:
Not Looking
Site spotlight:
Myspace

Powered by Blogger

Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Fishmail Insight 2/4/2005

guest writter :. Nez Penalba

What is the good news? The good news is that God still loves the world through
each one of you. You are God's good news, you are GOd's love in action. Jesus
cannot walk in the streets of Calcutta and in the streets of the world now,
so what he does-through me, through you-he walks and touches the poor. Today,
God loves the world so much by sending us.


~God is love. We all know we were taught to love because of Him and Him alone. We were created in his likeness in order to spread the love and light which He gave us to shine. We were created to know Him, to love Him, and to serve Him. In what better way can we serve Him than letting him take control?

"Let go and let God."

It's easier said than done, but it should be done in order to glorify the name of God. In order for us to become better Christians, we must let the spirit take over us.

"What good is it, my brothers, if someone says he has faith but does not have works?" James 2:14

Dont just speak of good deeds. Try to do some yourself. Don't be scared to act upon the Holy Spirit and help others.

"Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show his works by a good life in the humility that comes from wisdom." James 3:13

In order for us to become better Christians, we must let the spirit take over us so that we are able to spread the light and word of God.

The good news is God, and since we were created in His image, we too are the good news. We are the salt of the earth and light of the world.

It says in this week's Gospel reading (Matthew 5:13-16) that our light must shine before others, that they may see our good deeds and glorify our heavenly Father.

God uses us as his intruments to touch the hearts of those in need, to help those poor in spirit, to spread his word. Through the good deeds we make, big or small, God is seen in us. Through good deeds, the light of God shines.

Personally, I have a hard time spreading the good news. There have been many times when I can't help but stray away from the flock. I get caught up in earthly things, in my own situations, in my own world. I forget that there are billions of other people in more need than myself. I forget that there are millions of children out there who do not have the opportunity to learn. I forget how blessed I am to have what I have.

Its not easy to deal with life after you've learned that most of the things you've been doing all your life is wrong. Its not easy at all. My friend Anthony Andora said, "When nothing seems to go your way; when the world seems to turn its back on you; when things are harder than you can bear: it's life. Deal with it. Nothing like a good trial."

How? Through prayer, confession, and the Eucharist.

This weekend, I'll be going on a retreat for the confirmation program. Honestly, I'm not so sure if I'll be able to handle it well. Although I'm not a group leader or anything like that, I'm still afraid. Just knowing that I've changed makes me feel spiritually unprepared for this. I feel like I won't reach my expectations to spread the word..

But I will deal with it.

I know that this has been rather lengthy and that you [whoever reads Jon's blog] already know what I've been talking about. I guess I wrote it all out just as a little reminder..

God loves us. Show Him that you love him. Do what you can to help; do what you can to praise Him. Always pray that His spirit may take over you so that you may spread His love.

--> NeZ




dude, this girl is gifted haha... makes my daily (more like weekly... they should be daily) insights pale in comparison... but it goes to say everyone still needs to grow a lot... and i just got schooled

praise God for getting schooled so i can learn some more
and prais God for such good insights... good job ms Penalba

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Sorry...if your reading this, you might not understand some parts...or, worse, you'll actually misinterpret some posts...don't sweat it juss read the...

[ ]



  • howie day - collide
  • gavin degraw - chariot
  • 3 doors down - here without you
  • 3 doors down - let me go
  • 3 doors down - behind those eyes
  • 3 doors down - Here by me
  • third eye blind - hows it going to be
  • blessed union of souls - i believe
  • goo goo dolls - i'll be
  • eve 6 - here's to the night
  • staind - it's been a while
  • toad the wet sprocket - all i want
  • vertical horizon - you're a god
  • vertical horizon - everything you want
  • mad caddies - drinking for 11
  • lifehouse - hanging by a moment
  • lifehouse - you and me
  • papa roach - scars
  • foo fighters - everlong
May today there be peace within. May you trust God that you are exactly where you are meant to be. May you not forget the infinite possibilities that are born of faith. May you use those gifts that you have received, and pass on the love that has been given to you....May you be content knowing you are a child of God.... Let this presence settle into our bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love. It is there for each and every one of you.