Yin and Yang...
Taken from Smallville Episode: Phoenix
Jonathan: (Placing a hand on Clark's shoulder) Clark, the most important thing right now is that my son has his life back.
Clark: I'm not sure I want it back. (He steps away from Jonathan) And being Kal-El, I could just do whatever I wanted. It was like this huge weight had been lifted off me.
Jonathan follows him and puts his arm around Clark's back.
Jonathan: Look, I'm not saying that staying is going to solve all your problems, but at least this way we can face it together as a family.
Clark: I wish it were that easy.
Chloe: (Realizing) You've not staying, are you.
Clark: I haven't made up my mind yet.
Chloe: You can't keep running away, Clark. We all do things we regret. Sometimes you have to stop and face your demons.
Clark nods his head noncommittally.
Lex: Well, apparently fate has bigger plans for me. I heard about the farm. Anything I can do?
Clark: No, Lex, you know my dad. (Lex smiles) It's good to see you. What happened?
Lex: Something I didn't know I was capable of. It's ironic. In the most remote solitude I still managed to find an enemy. I suppose I was just hallucinating from malaria, but the enemy I found was real. I got a good look at myself, or at least the part I've always tried to ignore.
Clark: Lex, I guess we all got to take a look at our dark side sooner or later.
Lex: The problem is if you stare at it long enough, it can get hard to tell the two sides apart.
Clark: Look, um, Lana . . . The way you looked at me in Metropolis, you were, uh, you were disgusted.
Lana: No, I was confused. You can't blame me for that.
Clark: I don't blame you. But I can't stand for you to ever look at me that way again.
Lana: You weren't yourself.
Clark: Yes, I was. Lana, I chose to let that part of me out, and it's always gonna be there. Trust me, you don't want to know me the way you think you do.
Lately i've been going through some rough times...
and i wouldn't understand what was happening to me at times...
but...something tells me that it's not something i would want to understand anyways...
...
In this episode of Smallville
we realize that
even the best of us has their dark sides...
there's a lot more that i would like to write...
but the words will never come to me on this subject...

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home